Bethany's Surgery has Arrived



The date has arrived and Bethany our 8 1/2 old daughter is going in for her pre-operative appointment today. She is scheduled for Cranial Facial Surgery at 10am on Tuesday the 2nd at Medical City Children's Hospital in Dallas. Some of you may know that we were expecting to do this surgery at some point to correct her skull sutures that fused together prematurely. Bethany will have reconstructive surgery on her skull to allow her brain to grow normally and to correct her forehead from being asymmetrical. What she has is called Plagiocephaly a type of craniosynostosis.

Somehow God connected us with wonderful doctors to do the surgery, which gives me peace knowing she is in good hands. Although a bit scary for me having not gone through something like this before, it's noting God cannot handle! Would you still be praying for Bethany and our family as we venture through our sweet baby having surgery this week and for her recovery time to be quick and painless?

We are so blessed to have great support here in Sulphur Springs, TX and also my mom and dad are here to help us out with Emily and Dillon when we are in Dallas. I will be updating my Twitter and Facebook page as we hear how she is doing. Until then I must get some sleep, as it will be a long week!

3 comments:

Gerbicks said...

thinking of you guys & praying often.

Nicole said...

Hi! I went to junior high school with Chad about a hundred years ago in Great Falls and just wanted you all to know that you're in my thoughts. I have another friend whose baby had the same condition and came through everything with flying colors. Their "baby" is six years old now and is doing wonderfully. I hope Bethany will have the same experience. Don't forget to take care of yourself, too, during this difficult time! Eating and sleeping are hard but very important. Sending all good thoughts from Montana.

Amy Houck said...

Thank you for your prayers!