Made it Through H1N1 Without Drugs

We decided not to give Dillon Tamiflu after testing positive for H1N1. He had one dose in the ER by the doctor and a half hour later was throwing up. He had not been throwing up prior to taking the drug. He is recovering fine by taking a cough medicine and Tylenol to keep his fever down. He had a very bad barking seal cough and trouble breathing which was helped by a breathing treatment (inhaler) only used maybe three times.

I recommend that you do your own research before taking the drug and before getting the flu vaccine. There seems to be little research that has been done on it here in the US. That is a risk I am not willing to expose our family to. Really the symptoms are not that bad and treating with a normal course of rest and lots of fluids has done us all well. Being pregnant is a high risk place to be, but I have gone through it and come out just fine with no drugs.

Research Key Words: SWINE FLU, TAMIFLU, FLU VACCINES and see the different side effects for your self. Don't let anyone tell you that you HAVE to take the medicine or get the vaccine to get through this Swine Flu season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all your updates on Face book thank you for keeping us informed... I am a family of 5 and 2 have asthma... we were urged to get the shot for those two and I just have to say... no thanks... I think there is value in if you get ill... if you do, what in your life needs rearranging to take better care of yourself... and if you manage to get through with out getting it and no vaccine.. CONGRATULATIONS to you, I get you know the meaning of "no" and manage your time well and eat well and exercise as part of your daily life. In this over stressed, do to much world we invite such things.. and at this moment, as I sit here with Kleenex and a sore throat I see the message, I still haven't learned the value of slowing down, resting more and not overextending.
Big hugs!
Angela Miller

Gerbicks said...

glad to hear things are going better health-wise. here in columbus many people we know have had h1n1 & have gotten through without the vaccine or tamiflu. (in fact, we are pretty sure addy had h1n1 & a kid in her pre-k class has it for sure). anyway, good thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,
It's your cousin Heather (ruegsegger) So glad to read your post on h1n1 and not getting the vaccine! I have been praying and avoiding crowds. Kelsey our 4 year old has severe asthma- I know she is at a huge risk but I really don't want to give her the vaccine- it seems the risks outweigh the benefits? what do you think? I put a mask on Kelsey when we do go in public and spray the shopping carts with Lysol and hand sanitize all day! We are on a Soy/vegan diet for the most part is there more I can do? Thanks for your input - let me know when you come back to Boise so Angela and I can take you to Starbucks! Take care Amy.

Amy Houck said...

Heather, sorry I didn't see your questions until now. I have my old email set up and hadn't realized I had comments. I hope you figured out everything with Kelsey. I don't know when we will be back in Boise, but I would love to connect with you!!